Level 3 Award in Education and Training (AET qualification) is the first step in teacher training and this learning pathway can take you all the way to a PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate in Education). This is a nationally recognised teacher training course and at the end of this course you will be known as an “Associate Teacher” and able to teach at post-16 level.
This AET qualification is a direct replacement for the old NVQ/QCF PTLLS course (often referred to as “petals”), which stopped being offered in August 2014.
The Level 3 Award in Education and Training is an accredited qualification on the RQF framework, regulated by Ofqual and is suitable for individuals who wish to teach in the Further Education and Skills Sector and forms a foundation for those with little or no previous experience of teaching or training. This teaching training course can offer you fantastic career prospects and development opportunities and this course is a great place to begin.
On this teacher training course you will discover:
- The roles, responsibilities and relationships in lifelong learning
- Understanding inclusive learning and teaching in lifelong learning
- Appropriate teaching and learning approaches in your specialist area
- How to deliver inclusive sessions which engage and motivate learners
- The use of different assessment methods and the need for record keeping
- Relevant legislation, regulations and codes of practice.